[comp.misc] Dod `Orange Book'

peter@orfeo.radig.de (Peter Radig) (02/02/90)

Hi,

I'm searching for a copy of the `Orange Book'. How can I get one?
Is it available on electronic media?

Thnx
Peter
--
Peter Radig
Voice: +49 69 746972

zweig@brutus.cs.uiuc.edu (Johnny Zweig) (02/03/90)

From DoD 5200.28-STD, _Department of Defense Trusted Computer System Evaluation
Criteria_ (Dec. 1985), p.i:

	...the public may obtain copies from: Office of Standards and Products,
	National Computer Security Center, Fort Meade, MD  2755-600, Attn:
	Chief, Computer Security Standards.

I got my copy from the US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC. It's
document # 1987-516-223/62681.

-Johnny Orange

gwishon@blackbird.afit.af.mil (Gordon D. Wishon) (02/07/90)

>zweig@brutus.cs.uiuc.edu (Johnny Zweig) writes:
>>	...the public may obtain copies from: Office of Standards and Products,
>>	National Computer Security Center, Fort Meade, MD  2755-600, Attn:
>>	Chief, Computer Security Standards.

>>I got my copy from the US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC. It's
>>document # 1987-516-223/62681.

>>-Johnny Orange

or you might try your university library.  I know ours has a copy.  Try
"Government Publications".

--
Gordon D. Wishon
Air Force Institute of Technology / Wright State University