[comp.misc] What's a personal computer

> Uhhh, it isn't a microcomputer unless I can buy three of them for under
> $10,000, and still have money to put gas in the car.

That's a good way of putting it. I like to say a personal computer should
cost no more than the down-payment on that car.
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter@ficc.uu.net>.
/      \

mrm@sceard.Sceard.COM (M.R.Murphy) (03/06/90)

In article <ZQ:1N+5xds13@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>> Uhhh, it isn't a microcomputer unless I can buy three of them for under
>> $10,000, and still have money to put gas in the car.
>
>That's a good way of putting it. I like to say a personal computer should
>cost no more than the down-payment on that car.

It's a microcomputer if you can carry it into another room.

It's a minicomputer if you can push it into another room.

It's a mainframe if you can't afford the room for it.

--
Mike Murphy  Sceard Systems, Inc.  544 South Pacific St. San Marcos, CA  92069
mrm@Sceard.COM        {hp-sdd,nosc,ucsd,uunet}!sceard!mrm      +1 619 471 0655