[comp.misc] Single user vs. shared

In article <009349B3.1DCCC880@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU> sysmgr@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney) writes:
> Well bud, if you can do that, howcome Commodore Sales and Marketing haven't
> gotten off their tushies to advocate these wonderful little gems?

Commodore Sales and Marketing couldn't sell a $30 Sparc-I clone. If they were
selling Sushi, they'd call it "cold, dead fish". Commodore Sales and Marketing
has taken the amazing (and they are amazing) things that have come out of
Commodore Engineering and convinced everyone it's a bigger Commodore-64. That's
howcome.

This has little to do with comp.arch anymore. Please followup elsewhere.
--
 _--_|\  `-_-' Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter@ficc.uu.net>.

>In article <009349B3.1DCCC880@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU> sysmgr@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney) writes:
>> Well bud, if you can do that, howcome Commodore Sales and Marketing haven't
>> gotten off their tushies to advocate these wonderful little gems?

	The last I'll say on this (since it's not really comp.arch material).
The reason Commodore isn't pushing Amigas for X is that X is available from
a third-party (Dale Luck of GfxBase, Inc, a former Commodore employee and
current contractor), not Commodore itself.  Dale definitely pushes X for
Amigas.  Beyond that, I'm not in marketing, and don't speak for them.

Common phrase heard at Amiga Devcon '89: "It's in there!"