[comp.misc] Compuserve

nisse@milou.cd.chalmers.se (Nils Andersson) (04/11/90)

I am just wondering if there is any chance of getting files from Compuserve
via ftp. Since I live in Sweden it would be far to expensive to use a regular
modem.
Nils
nisse@cd.chalmers.se

ralphs@halcyon.wa.com (Ralph Sims) (04/13/90)

nisse@milou.cd.chalmers.se (Nils Andersson) writes:

> I am just wondering if there is any chance of getting files from Compuserve
> via ftp. Since I live in Sweden it would be far to expensive to use a regular
> modem.

Compuserve has a gateway to Internet for e-mail.  ftp does not exist
on CompuServe.  There are a number of publically accessable ftp sites
that may be available to you (uunet.uu.net, milton.acs.washington.edu,
etc.).

             +---ralphs@halcyon.wa.com-------1:350/341(Fidonet)---+
             | "No matter where you go--there you are"  B. Banzai |
             |Check your smoke detector - its silence can kill you|
             +---91:91/0(IMEx)--ralphs@blake.acs.washington.edu---+