[comp.misc] General Bull News Sheet

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (05/31/90)

Does someone out there know the fate of the publication *The General Bull
News Sheet*?  It was a satirical computer-oriented publication that I think
came out in the mid-70s, and was the place from which I first learned of
the INTERCAL programming language (which may or may not be a good thing :-).

Whether it's still around or not, it would be nice to know.  Thanks.
(A summary of responses will be posted if folks ask for it.)

	James Jones

jeffd@ficc.ferranti.com (jeff daiell) (05/31/90)

In article <1671@mcrware.UUCP>, jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) writes:
> Does someone out there know the fate of the publication *The General Bull
> News Sheet*?

Isn't there enough Bull Sheet in computerdom already? {|8^)]

Jeff

--
      "Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate
          is an upright posture, an intransigent mind,

littauer@uts.amdahl.com (Tom Littauer) (06/01/90)

In article <1671@mcrware.UUCP> jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) writes:
>Does someone out there know the fate of the publication *The General Bull
>News Sheet*?  It was a satirical computer-oriented publication that I think
>came out in the mid-70s, and was the place from which I first learned of
>the INTERCAL programming language (which may or may not be a good thing :-).

The last issue I got was: Vol II, No. 3: October 78 through Whenever 1979

The postmark was October 1979, San Francisco CA

Hans P. Schroeder, Editor
Ivan Keithley, Publisher

PO Box 2623
Menlo Park CA 94025

This issue had part 2 of the Intercal defininition (among other things, the
"forget" and "ignore" statements) including a 274 line Intercal program, and
"the Programmer's Ten Commandments" including

VIII. Thou shalt not commit adultery on company time or furniture"

Have fun,
Tom Littauer
--
UUCP:  littauer@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ames,uunet}!amdahl!littauer

I'll tell you when I'm giving you the party line. The rest of the time
it's my very own ravings (accept no substitutes).