[comp.misc] Emailing to Compu$erve

add@sciences.sdsu.edu (James D. Murray) (07/14/90)

	How would one email to a Compu$erve account via Internet
or Bitnet?  I have tried:

		[#####,####]@compuserve.com

but it doesn't take the account number.  I do know there is a way to do
it.  Someone please post the correct syntax.

James D. Murray, Ethnounixologist	"Riker!  Stop that smirking!"
Anaheim, California, U.S.A.                    -- J-L. Picard

Internet: add@sciences.sdsu.edu    (130.191.224.2)
Bitnet:   bardic@calstate.Bitnet   (130.150.102.1)

gdtltr@freezer.it.udel.edu (Gary Duzan) (07/14/90)

In article <1990Jul13.200214.5709@ucselx.sdsu.edu> add@sciences.sdsu.edu (James D. Murray) writes:
=>
=>	How would one email to a Compu$erve account via Internet
=>or Bitnet?  I have tried:
=>
=>		[#####,####]@compuserve.com
=>
=>but it doesn't take the account number.  I do know there is a way to do
=>it.  Someone please post the correct syntax.
=>
   I haven't done it personally, but I believe the comma should be a period.

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration

--
                          gdtltr@freezer.it.udel.edu
   _o_                    --------------------------                      _o_

broe@plains.UUCP (Paul Broe) (07/14/90)

In article <1990Jul13.200214.5709@ucselx.sdsu.edu> add@sciences.sdsu.edu (James D. Murray) writes:

>	How would one email to a Compu$erve account via Internet
>or Bitnet?  I have tried:
>
>		[#####,####]@compuserve.com

Try this         #####.####@compuserve.com

It should work.

--
|---------------------signature version 3.7----------------------------------|
| "I have seen my next computer, and it is the Amiga 3000." - me             |

hoop@khonshu.colorado.edu (Don Hooper) (07/14/90)

                                             (James D. Murray) writes:
}
}	How would one email to a Compu$erve account via Internet
}or Bitnet?  I have tried:
}
}		[#####,####]@compuserve.com
}
}but it doesn't take the account number.  I do know there is a way to do
}it.  Someone please post the correct syntax.
Just change the , to a . is all that be needed.

Don Hooper,  hoop@boulder.colorado.edu,   ...!uunet!ncar!boulder!hoop