[comp.misc] Looking for conferencing software

brian@apt.bungi.com (Brian Litzinger) (08/03/90)

I'm looking into solutions for a friend of mine who needs to setup
a computer based conferencing system.  I think they'ed like something
along the line of CompuServes conferencing capabilities.  They are
abit security minded so they want complete control over the system
that handles the conferences. (i.e. they can't just get a forum on
CompuServe, and they are willing to buy what the need, i.e. software,
hardware, modems, etc.)

If you have any ideas, heard of any such systems, or can point me
in any directions I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks for the help.

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  brian@apt.bungi.com      {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian
<>
<>  "For it is the doom of men that they forget." - Merlin
--
<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  brian@apt.bungi.com      {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian
<>  VOICE: 408 377 9950      FAX: 408 377 0374
<>  Disclaimer: Above are my opinions and probably wrong.

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (08/04/90)

brian@apt.bungi.com (Brian Litzinger) writes:

>I'm looking into solutions for a friend of mine who needs to setup
>a computer based conferencing system.  I think they'ed like something
>along the line of CompuServes conferencing capabilities.  They are
>abit security minded so they want complete control over the system
>that handles the conferences. (i.e. they can't just get a forum on
>CompuServe, and they are willing to buy what the need, i.e. software,
>hardware, modems, etc.)

Hi Brian - I assume you've checked into Waffle -

that is what we run here at nstar - and waffle comes with complete
source code so your friend can modify it -

            uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry@nstar
     Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 lines/PEP/HST/Hayes-V)