[comp.misc] Optical disks - High capacity tapes - Info wanted

trygg@nososl.UUCP (Trygg A. Eliassen) (08/24/90)

Is there optical disk systems available with SCSI interface for BSD 4.3
there must be drivers supplied.  Write once disks are also interesting.

I would also like to get some information on high capacity tape drives,
2-4 GB  Cost wise it must be able to compete with 150 Mb streamer cartridges.

We are running Integrated solutions ( Now MIZAR / EmBeddix ) workstations.
--
Trygg A. Eliassen BSc. Hons | trygg%nososl@nac.no ( preferred )
Nordic Offshore Systems A.S | mcsun!nuug!nososl!trygg

htstms (Rich Buckmaster) (09/01/90)

In article <71@nososl.UUCP> trygg%nososl@nac.no (Trygg A. Eliassen) writes:
>I would also like to get some information on high capacity tape drives,
>2-4 GB  Cost wise it must be able to compete with 150 Mb streamer cartridges.

We just received a new Contemporary Cybernetics 2.5 GB tape back up unit.
After comparing specs and prices on most units available, the CC drive was
the one I chose. Will post a review of the beast once I get it installed and
(hopefully) running. The CC catalog listed a variety of system specific kits.
Don't remember if there was a BSD compatible driver listed.

--
All opinions expressed are my own and so on...    |There comes a point in every
Richard Buckmaster, Hughes Training Systems, Inc. |project when it is time to