[comp.misc] Wanted: info on unix library management packages

pete@memex.co.uk (Peter Rankin) (09/03/90)

Does anyone have any experience with library management packages running
under unix? I am particularly interested in circulation control, but any
product information (public domain or commercial) would be appreciated.

Thanks, Peter.

pete@memex.co.uk

paul@actrix.co.nz (Paul Gillingwater) (09/05/90)

In article <372@memex.co.uk> pete@memex.co.uk (Peter Rankin) writes:
> Does anyone have any experience with library management packages running
> under unix? I am particularly interested in circulation control, but any
> product information (public domain or commercial) would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Peter.

I did a lot of work on a product called LOIS, which has been
purchased by PAXUS Software in New Zealand.  Their number is +64 (4)
859-119.

LOIS is based on BRS/Search and Informix SQL, and combines a full
MARC catalogue with circulation control and other goodies.  It is
positioned as a Corporate Library product, rather than Public
Library, and has lots of hooks for OA integration.
--
Paul Gillingwater, paul@actrix.co.nz