[comp.misc] HP-UX BSD Sockets in C lib ?

vtcqa@shamash.cdc.com (Jeff Comstock) (09/10/90)

HPUX has ARPA services, ie telnet, ftp, smtp, etc.  What I would
like to know is does the c library support socket calls, like
my favorites:

connect(2), accept(2), bind(2), socket(2), listen(2) .

In case your still wondering - the protos are:

connect( int s, struct sockaddr *name, int namelen);
accept( int s, struct sockaddr *name, int *addrlen);
bind ( int s, struct sockaddr *name, int namelen);
socket(int domain, type, protocol);
listen(int s, backlog);

I need these to write software that will connect to some special
services on our network.

Jeff

olsen@hpfcdq.HP.COM (John Olsen) (09/11/90)

vtcqa@shamash.cdc.com (Jeff Comstock) writes:
>HPUX has ARPA services, ie telnet, ftp, smtp, etc.  What I would
>like to know is does the c library support socket calls, like
>my favorites:
>
>connect(2), accept(2), bind(2), socket(2), listen(2).

It's in there.  The HP-UX manuals and man pages describe them just like one
would expect.  This could also be verified by writing an 8 line dummy program
and compiling it. :^)  (Assuming, of course an HP-UX system is at hand)

John M. Olsen, Graphics Technology Division  (303)229-6746
olsen@hpfcjo.HP.COM, olsen@hpfcdq.HP.COM
Hewlett-Packard, Mail Stop 73, 3404 E. Harmony Road, Ft Collins, CO 80525