[comp.misc] appology

dgh@Unify.Com (David Harrington) (09/19/90)

In article <27156@usc.edu> lfreeman@phad.hsc.usc.edu (Leny Freeman) writes:

>This letter is written to appologize to all effected for my posting of the fast
>cash letter.  Since I was not thinking, I didn't realize it was not allowed on
>the usenet nor was I aware that it had been posted so many times earlier that
>everyone was sick of it.
>
>As for it being illegal, I perceived it not to be since a service is being
>offered for $1.  Had I perceived it to be illegal, I would not have posted it.
>As of this time all postings are being cancelled and will not be reposted
>nor will anything simialar be posted to usenet again (at least not by me).
>
>Appologies offered again.

Did you really *believe* the letter?  Never mind the legality, it's pretty
obviously a con, if anyone ever took it seriously enough to send any money.
Maybe you actually thought that you would have 50,000 people send you $1?  And
then *each one* of those 50,000 people would have 50,000 people sent *them* a
dollar?

Whew, that's a *lot* of people isn't it?

And, of course it is a service to build mailing lists.  Sure it is, especially
because the letter says it is.  It is also legal because the letter says it
is.

If I were you I'd worry about being taken in more than the feelings of us
netters.

--
David Harrington                                 internet: dgh@eire.unify.COM
Unify Corporation                         ...!{csusac,pyramid}!unify!eire!dgh