[comp.misc] used computer index

smarc@mas.UUCP (Marc Siegel) (09/21/90)

I'm pretty sure there is a "black book" that gives wholesale or market
values on used computer equipment, much like there is for used cars.

If anyone knows anything about this, such as a title or where to
obtain such a beast, I would be grateful for this information.

         _
        ' )--,--,                    | Marc Siegel
         /  /  / __.  __  _          | Emtronix Data Services
        /  /  (_(_/|_/ (_(_'         | Randallstown, Maryland
                                     | {uunet}!wb3ffv!mas!smarc
     I know, it's only rock-n-roll,  | smarc@mas.wb3ffv.AMPR.ORG
        but I like it.

In article <37@mas.UUCP> smarc@mas.UUCP (Marc Siegel) writes:
>I'm pretty sure there is a "black book" that gives wholesale or market
>values on used computer equipment, much like there is for used cars.
>
>If anyone knows anything about this, such as a title or where to
>obtain such a beast, I would be grateful for this information.

The Boston Computer Exchange maintains such an index for popular equipment.

Parts of it are published in various places, like PC-Week.

It is posted every week as well to clari.newsbytes.business, as part
of the newsbytes computer industry news service.