[comp.misc] Looking for Archimedes owners

gaspar@urz.unibas.ch (10/10/90)

Hello!
I'm looking for people who own an Archimedes computer. I think that this
machine is not well enough known to start a Newsgroup, but I'd like to find
some people to exchange experiences, ideas, etc.
If there is already a discussion going on anywhere, please tell me.
Thanks.
Laci
Laci Gaspar
Physical Institute of University of Basel, Switzerland.
BitNet: Gaspar@urz.unibas.ch

cloader@kean.ucs.mun.ca (10/11/90)

In article <1990Oct10.132417.1014@urz.unibas.ch>, gaspar@urz.unibas.ch writes:
> I'm looking for people who own an Archimedes computer. I think that this
> machine is not well enough known to start a Newsgroup, but I'd like to find
> some people to exchange experiences, ideas, etc.
> If there is already a discussion going on anywhere, please tell me.
> Thanks.
> Laci
> Laci Gaspar
> Physical Institute of University of Basel, Switzerland.
> BitNet: Gaspar@urz.unibas.ch

I have and Archimedes 310

There is eunet.micro.acorn.  Not readily available here.

Time for comp.sys.acorn or the like?

Charles Loader

macduff@cbnewse.att.com (Roger R. Espinosa) (10/13/90)

In article <144386@kean.ucs.mun.ca>, cloader@kean.ucs.mun.ca writes:
> In article <1990Oct10.132417.1014@urz.unibas.ch>, gaspar@urz.unibas.ch writes:
> > I'm looking for people who own an Archimedes computer. I think that this
> > machine is not well enough known to start a Newsgroup, but I'd like to find
> > some people to exchange experiences, ideas, etc.
> > If there is already a discussion going on anywhere, please tell me.
> > Thanks.
> > Laci
> > Laci Gaspar
> > Physical Institute of University of Basel, Switzerland.
> > BitNet: Gaspar@urz.unibas.ch
>
> I have and Archimedes 310
>
> There is eunet.micro.acorn.  Not readily available here.
>
> Time for comp.sys.acorn or the like?
>
> Charles Loader

I'm game for something like this. I know that one of the Acorn
people (Tiggr) was thinking about starting a CFD of comp.sys.arm,
or the like.

I would be interested in hearing what other Acorn people
do with their Archimedes(es) and how those of us on this side
of the Atlantic cope with Egghead not stocking Archimedes software. :-)

(And with banks making PD software cost a lot of money, with their
nice currency conversion charges. :-(

Roger
rre@ihlpn.ATT.COM

rcpieter@svin02.info.win.tue.nl (Tiggr) (10/13/90)

macduff@cbnewse.att.com (Roger R. Espinosa) writes:

>I'm game for something like this. I know that one of the Acorn
>people (Tiggr) was thinking about starting a CFD of comp.sys.arm,
>or the like.

I'm not from Acorn!

Anyway I got the rules-for-creating-your-own-legal-newsgroup, and I will
build a posting to call for discussion for comp.sys.arm or whatever *today*.

Watch this space.
Tiggr

andras@alzabo.uucp (Andras Kovacs) (10/14/90)

In article <1476@svin02.info.win.tue.nl> rcpieter@svin02.info.win.tue.nl (Tiggr) writes:
>macduff@cbnewse.att.com (Roger R. Espinosa) writes:
>
>>I'm game for something like this. I know that one of the Acorn
>>people (Tiggr) was thinking about starting a CFD of comp.sys.arm,
>>or the like.
>
>I'm not from Acorn!
>
>Anyway I got the rules-for-creating-your-own-legal-newsgroup, and I will
>build a posting to call for discussion for comp.sys.arm or whatever *today*.
>
>Watch this space.
>Tiggr

 Please do it! We don't mind that you aren't from Acorn :-)
 BTW I have the net address one of the gentlemen from Acorn; I can notify him
 if the newsgroup started up.

 PS. Isn't the ARM cute, cute, cute?!

 Andras