[comp.misc] nroff

dg@wrs.UUCP (David Goodenough) (10/16/87)

In article <748@ea.ecn.purdue.edu> davy@ea.ecn.purdue.edu.UUCP (Dave Curry) writes:
>"roff" was the original program, and stood for "RunOFF".  I assume the
>"t" stands for "typesetter".  I've always wondered what the "n" was
>for though ("non-typesetter"?).

"Neat" as in "neat run off" which gives nroff
--
		dg@wrs.UUCP - David Goodenough

					+---+
					| +-+-+
					+-+-+ |
					  +---+

hot@integow.uucp (Roland van Hout) (11/19/90)

Hello people,

Does somebody know a conversion tool to convert nroff text
(with mm macros) into a WordPerfect document?
Possible the other way around to?
PC binaries or sources (or leads to the stuff) are welcome

--
UUCP: ..!uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!integow!hot	or  hot@integow.UUCP or hot@hot.mug
Roland van Hout, Sr. software engineer, Integrity software consultants,