[comp.misc] Wanted: soundex algorithm, if possible sources

remco@tnoibbc.UUCP (Remco Bruyne) (11/26/90)

Hello,

Simple question:

Could anybody help me to get a soundex algorith (preferably with
C-source) ?

Thanks in advance,
Remco Bruijne

PS: Please respond via email to the following net-address: rb@asd.tes.nl
 Remco Bruijne   USENET: remco@tnoibbc.ibbc.tno.nl    PHONE: +31 70 3204803

tomr@ashtate.A-T.COM (Tom Rombouts) (11/28/90)

In article <2184@tnoibbc.UUCP> remco@tnoibbc.UUCP (Remco Bruyne) writes:

>Could anybody help me to get a soundex algorith (preferably with
>C-source) ?

My e-mail bounced, hope you read this.  The December 1990 issue of
"Computer Language" features an article titled "Hanging on the
Metaphone" that presents a (fairly lengthy) phonetic matching
algorithm that claims to be better than the classic soundex.
The author is Lawrence Phillips, and the article starts on page 39.

Tom Rombouts  Torrance Techie  tomr@ashtate.A-T.com   V:(213)538-7108