[comp.misc] HP 3000 based software questions for a friend

jdc@naucse.cse.nau.edu (John Campbell) (12/07/90)

A friend of mine is interested in finding out what these software
products from HP are.  He believes they run or ran on the HP 3000
series:

Image
View
Powerhouse
Transact

Please send him mail directly if you can:

   UCC1MSM@NAUVM.bitnet   (Mark Morgan)

Otherwise I'll forward the information on to him.
--
	John Campbell               jdc@naucse.cse.nau.edu
                                    CAMPBELL@NAUVAX.bitnet

sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) (12/12/90)

In article <3012@naucse.cse.nau.edu> jdc@naucse.cse.nau.edu (John Campbell) writes:
>A friend of mine is interested in finding out what these software
>products from HP are.  He believes they run or ran on the HP 3000
>series:

They did indeed.

>Image

Hierarchical database.

>View

I believe this allowed people to develop data entry screens for Image.

>Powerhouse

Third-party product from Cognos that worked with Image.  May have been
a 4GL.

>Transact

This is another program that works with Image, but I forget what it
does.