[comp.misc] Jargon file 2.2.1 typos

eric@snark.thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) (12/18/90)

Mark Brader at SoftQuad has done an amazing (and amazingly *fast*) job of
catching my typos and bobbles. To relieve the strain on my mailbox, therefore,
please *don't* write just to correct spelling and minor grammatical solecisms.

However, new entries and factual corrections to old ones are still quite
welcome.

Negotiations with publishers proceed apace.  Y'all may be able to buy a
paper copy of this compendium to give your girlfriend/boyfriend/parent/sibling/
therapist/dog sooner than I'd have believed a week ago.  One outfit I'm
dickering with is talking about *8 weeks* from contract to the presses...
--
      Eric S. Raymond = eric@snark.thyrsus.com  (mad mastermind of TMN-Netnews)

oz@yunexus.yorku.ca (Ozan Yigit) (12/20/90)

In article <1YqDlj#0KkrqQ7cF3m10Rk4r36cdJrO=eric@snark.thyrsus.com>
eric@snark.thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) writes:

>Negotiations with publishers proceed apace.  Y'all may be able to buy a
>paper copy of this compendium to give your girlfriend/boyfriend/parent/sibling/
>therapist/dog sooner than I'd have believed a week ago.  One outfit I'm
>dickering with is talking about *8 weeks* from contract to the presses...

Any idea where the proceeds will go ?? Hope it will be something for the
benefit of hackdom, as this document belongs to hackers worldwide.

I happen to think LPF would be a nice choice. Any thoughts?

oz
---
Good design means less design. Design   | Internet: oz@nexus.yorku.ca
must serve users, not try to fool them. | UUCP: utzoo/utai!yunexus!oz
-- Dieter Rams, Chief Designer, Braun.  | phonet: 1+ 416 736 5257