[comp.misc] programming language names

tomr@ashtate (Tom Rombouts) (01/11/91)

In article <3561@bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU> lloyd@bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU (lloyd allison) writes:
>re the variety of languages.
>
>I have been attempting to compile an A-Z (not a census)
>of programming languages for some time.

I, too, have started a list of languages!  (Now we can have our own
flame wars like those regarding the various "jargon" files  :-)  )

Many of the most obscure ones I got from the 1969 edtion of Sammet's
"Programming Languages: History and Fundamentals" which includes a
list in the back of c. 130, with many more mentioned in bibliographical