[comp.misc] Looking for Convergent Technologies

gould@pilot.njin.net (Brian Jay Gould) (02/07/91)

A consulting client is complaining about a lack of connectivity options
on his Convergent Technologies equipment.  Where is this company?  Are
they still in business?  What kind of equipment do (did?) they make?

Any leads are appreciated.  Please respond via e-mail.
Any disclaimers made for me, by me, or about me - may or may not accurately
reflect my failure to be reflecting the opinions of myself or anyone else.
*  Brian Jay Gould - Professional Brain-stormer *

israel@mitisft.Convergent.COM (Paul Israel) (02/08/91)

In article <Feb.6.21.25.35.1991.12934@pilot.njin.net> gould@pilot.njin.net (Brian Jay Gould) writes:
>A consulting client is complaining about a lack of connectivity options
>on his Convergent Technologies equipment.  Where is this company?  Are
>they still in business?  What kind of equipment do (did?) they make?

	Convergent Technologies was purchased by Unisys Corp, where they
still exist in San Jose. Among other things, they designed the UNIX PC
7300 and 3B1 models for AT&T. They made other 680x0-based systems as
well. After being purchased by Unisys, the two engineering groups were
merged together, and now they make both Motorola and Intel-based micros,
minis and multiprocessor systems, mostly running UNIX. Their current
mail address is
			Unisys Corporation
			2700 N First Street
			PO Box 6685
			San Jose, Ca 95150-6685

	Hope this helps.

--
Paul Israel
Renegade Systems, 434 South Bernardo Ave, #2 Sunnyvale, CA 94086