[comp.misc] 4mm DAT Tapes

pag@tcsc3b2.tcsc.com (Philip A. Gross) (02/07/91)

I am looking for a reasonable source for 4mm DAT tapes.  Does anyone
know of such a place?

Please e-mail me your responses...

Thanks in advance

Philip A. Gross       The Computer Solution Co., Inc.       Voice: 804-794-3491
INTERNET:	pag@tcsc3b2.tcsc.com
USENET:		...!tcsc3b2!pag
UUCP:		tcsc3b2!pag	(804)794-1514
ATTMAIL:	attmail!tcsc3b2!pag
        The opinions expressed here are strictly mine and nobody elses.
        << I haven't heard what I have to say about that yet. >> :-)

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu ("J. Eric Townsend") (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb6.174451.15512@tcsc3b2.tcsc.com> pag@tcsc3b2.tcsc.com (Philip A. Gross) writes:
>I am looking for a reasonable source for 4mm DAT tapes.  Does anyone
>know of such a place?
>
>Please e-mail me your responses...

This is becoming a common question, so I'm answering in public.

We bought a box of 50 DATs (Maxell 2hr) at a then-resonable price from:
Audio Gallery
2716 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA
90403
213.829.3429

Keep in mind that these folks normally sell recording media to
music studios, and might get a little befuddled if you go into too
much detail.  Just ask 'em what brands of 120 minute DATs they carry,
and how much each cost at whatever quantity you want.

--
J. Eric Townsend - jet@uh.edu - bitnet: jet@UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2120
"It is the cunning of form to veil itself continually in the evidence