[comp.misc] recommendation of floppy backup application for folders

jjk@jupiter.astro.umd.edu (Jim Klavetter) (02/09/91)

I would like an application that will do a backup of a folder, not a
disk nor a partition but a single folder.  If this sounds silly, the
situation is that I have many megabytes in a folder which I want a
special backup, without having to back up the rest of the disk, which
is 120 Mbytes.

Thanks for any recommendations.

jjk@astro.umd.edu also for Athabasca and Reudi
Jim Klavetter
Astronomy
UMD
College Park, MD  20742

rdippold@qualcomm.com (Ron Dippold) (02/12/91)

In article <7999@umd5.umd.edu> jjk@astro.umd.edu (Jim Klavetter) writes:
>I would like an application that will do a backup of a folder, not a
>disk nor a partition but a single folder.  If this sounds silly, the

You didn't say what computer you are using...  but for a PC I would recommend
PC Tools Backup (or just get all of PC Tools, it's worth it!).  For the Mac,
FastBack will do the job.  Finally, if you have a PC, no matter how horrible it
may seem, you can still use the DOS BACKUP command to back up just a single
directory.