[comp.misc] postscript to text?

mlewis@unocss.unomaha.edu (mlewis) (02/05/91)

Does there exist in the public domain or as shareware a program that
will strip the garbage out of postscript-formatted files, leaving only
readable text?  I have several large documents I am very interested in
reading, and they are all in postscript form.  I have no access to, nor
interest in a postscript printer, as I don't want hardcopy necessarily.
I just want to read these documents!  MS-DOS exeutables would be fine,
as would source in some reasonable language.  I can handle C, Pascal,
or Ada.  Thanks.

MArc

Na khuya mne ehto gavno?     |  Internet: cs057@zeus.unomaha.edu
          preferred machine->|  UUCP:     uunet!mcmi!unocss!mlewis

tomr@dbase.A-T.COM (Tom Rombouts) (02/12/91)

In article <3182@unocss.unomaha.edu> mlewis@unocss.unomaha.edu (mlewis) writes:

>Does there exist in the public domain or as shareware a program that
>will strip the garbage out of postscript-formatted files, leaving only
>readable text?  [ rest deleted ]

In a similar vein, I am seeking such a utility or AWK program that
will strip out TeX or LaTeX formatting commands and leave just
"plain" ASCII text.  Anything out there?

(Yes, I have also posted this to the TeX group.)

Tom Rombouts  Torrance 'Tater  tomr@ashtate.A-T.com  V:(213)538-7108