[comp.misc] Public Access Unix systems

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) (08/01/88)

I am looking for telephone numbers of public access unix systems in
the US, particularly in the NY/NJ area. Any info greatly appreciated.
(I think "The Big Electric Cat" in NY is one such system...anybody
have the number & more info?)

				-Ray

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu

rodd@dasys1.UUCP (Rod Dorman) (08/02/88)

In article <Jul.31.13.22.53.1988.18789@topaz.rutgers.edu> wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) writes:
>I am looking for telephone numbers of public access unix systems ...
>(I think "The Big Electric Cat" in NY is one such system...anybody
>have the number & more info?)

Big Electric Cat?  Hmmmmmm... that sounds familiar for some reason :-)  Let
me check my files...  Ah yes... here it is.  Try dialing (212) 879-9031

					-- Rod --

Rod Dorman				{sun!hoptoad,cmcl2!phri}!dasys1!rodd
Big Electric Cat Public Unix
	"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't"

6600phnx@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Phoenix / Fig) (02/05/91)

I've got a friend who recently graduated and has been deprived of the
Universities UNIX systems - can someone mail me a list of public access
UNIX type systems that I may relay to him.  I know that MCI mail and
others let you send mail over the internet, but he wantes to read news
and stuff - BTW LA area specific lists would be fine seeing as that is
where he lives.  Thankx ...
'
-FIG

herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (daniel lance herrick) (02/13/91)

In article <8845@hub.ucsb.edu>, 6600phnx@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Phoenix / Fig) writes:
> I've got a friend who recently graduated and has been deprived of the
> Universities UNIX systems - can someone mail me a list of public access
> UNIX type systems that I may relay to him.  I know that MCI mail and
> others let you send mail over the internet, but he wantes to read news
> and stuff - BTW LA area specific lists would be fine seeing as that is
> where he lives.  Thankx ...
> '
> -FIG
Ironically, the list you asked for is the posting immediately
preceding this one in our spool.  If you read this post, the
nixpub lists, short and long, should be in your news spool
between your question and this answer.

Hope that doesn't sound like a flame.

dan herrick
herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com