[comp.misc] X-Rays and Glare Screens

cherkaue@perenica.cs.wisc.edu (Kevin Cherkauer) (02/21/91)

Does anyone know where I can get a glare screen that also blocks x-rays? I know
these things exist, but I have no idea where I can find one.

If you have any info., please e-mail me at cherkaue@cs.wisc.edu since I don't
read this board regularly. My apologies if you have already seen this message
-- I sent one before, but it didn't seem to get posted.

--
Kevin Cherkauer
cherkaue@cs.wisc.edu

Disclaimer: The above opinions are solely the responsibility of my owners.

6500gsv@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (George S. Vaughan) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb20.190457.6278@spool.cs.wisc.edu> cherkaue@perenica.cs.wisc.edu (Kevin Cherkauer) writes:

> Does anyone know where I can get a glare screen that also blocks x-rays? I
> know these things exist, but I have no idea where I can find one.

a large piece of lead?
--
	      George S. Vaughan  6500gsv@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
		       Repeal The 16th Amendment!

michaelb@wshb.csms.com ( WSHB Operations Eng) (02/21/91)

>> Does anyone know where I can get a glare screen that also blocks x-rays? I
>> know these things exist, but I have no idea where I can find one.
>
>a large piece of lead?

Actually we used to use lead glass (crystal to some of you) for the viewports
into the reactor compartment for the nuclear reactors in the military.
I'm not really sure that it's worth the effort for the miniscule amount
of x-rays from a CRT. Sitting back another foot will probably work just
as well. (Or use only a mono monitor if you are terribly worried.)

Michael
--
Michael Batchelor--Systems/Operations Engineer #compliments and complaints
WSHB - An International Broadcast Station of   #   letterbox@csms.com

jerry@TALOS.UUCP (Jerry Gitomer) (02/22/91)

6500gsv@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (George S. Vaughan) writes:

:In article <1991Feb20.190457.6278@spool.cs.wisc.edu: cherkaue@perenica.cs.wisc.edu (Kevin Cherkauer) writes:

:: Does anyone know where I can get a glare screen that also blocks x-rays? I
:: know these things exist, but I have no idea where I can find one.

:a large piece of lead?

	Only if equipped with two mirrors so Kevin can see
	around it.

--
Jerry Gitomer at National Political Resources Inc, Alexandria, VA USA
I am apolitical, have no resources, and speak only for myself.