[comp.misc] Is there a newsgroup for discussing software testing?

bengsig@dk.oracle.com (Bjorn Engsig) (02/27/91)

Is there a newsgroup where discussions of formal and informal software testing
methods take place?  Is comp.misc the place?
--
Bjorn Engsig, ORACLE Corporation, E-mail: bengsig@oracle.com, bengsig@oracle.nl

            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (02/28/91)

In article <1269@dkunix9.dk.oracle.com> bengsig@dk.oracle.com (Bjorn Engsig) writes:
>Is there a newsgroup where discussions of formal and informal software testing
>methods take place?  Is comp.misc the place?

I'm not sure if comp.misc is the right place for such things, since I've just
started reading it about a week ago...

However, such discussions often take place on comp.software-engineering.
--
		Dave Schaumann		dave@cs.arizona.edu
'Dog Gang'!  Where do they get off calling us the 'Dog Gang'?  I'm beginning to

bengsig@dk.oracle.com (Bjorn Engsig) (02/28/91)

I asked:
| Is there a newsgroup where discussions of formal and informal software testing
| methods take place?
Thanks to the numerous fast replies, that all refer me to comp.software-eng.
I include extracts from one reply that also mentions a few mailing lists.

--

tlf@sppy00.UUCP (Business Boy) (03/01/91)

In <1269@dkunix9.dk.oracle.com>, bengsig@dk.oracle.com writes:
>Is there a newsgroup where discussions of formal and informal software testing
>methods take place?  Is comp.misc the place?
>--
>Bjorn Engsig, ORACLE Corporation, E-mail: bengsig@oracle.com, bengsig@oracle.nl

EXCELLENT QUESTION!

I too am interested in discussions on software testing/methods. If there
is no current newsgroup handling this. Maybe we should initiate one.

   Tom [KITES!] Fought         {att|pyramid|killer}!osu-cis!spyy00!tlf
   OCLC, Inc.

dougs@baldwin.WV.TEK.COM (Doug Schwartz;685-2700;61-252;641-4115;Baldwin) (03/02/91)

In article <1269@dkunix9.dk.oracle.com> bengsig@dk.oracle.com (Bjorn Engsig) writes:
>Is there a newsgroup where discussions of formal and informal software testing
>methods take place?  Is comp.misc the place?

We (sure Doug, like you really post) ofter talk about testing in
comp.software-eng.
--
        Doug Schwartz           dougs@orca.wv.tek.com
        Tektronix