[comp.misc] Help with menu/maintenance programs

heath@gacvx1.gac.edu (03/08/91)

	I am at a loss as to where to put this, so I hope this is as good as
any other place.....
	What I want is opinions/advice as to what type of menu/maintenance
program to get for my hard disk.  I have a SLOW 10mhz 286 with only 640kb, so
Windows 3.0 is out.  I am leaning towards PC Tools or Norton 5.0, but I am open
to all suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

Heath Phillippi
Gustavus Adolphus College
St. Peter, MN

karln@uunet.uu.net (03/10/91)

In article <1991Mar8.032616.1@gacvx1.gac.edu> heath@gacvx1.gac.edu writes:

>	What I want is opinions/advice as to what type of menu/maintenance
>program to get for my hard disk.  I have a SLOW 10mhz 286 with only 640kb, so
>Windows 3.0 is out.  I am leaning towards PC Tools or Norton 5.0, but I am open
>to all suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

Why not get a little more memory and run Windows 3.0. I'll bet if you get 512 K
of 256K memory chips, you can get your mother board to put the other 384K into extended
memory (mine did), and then you can run windows very well in standard mode.

	Karl Nicholas
	karln!karln@uunet.uu.net