[comp.misc] Fed up with this jargon debate...

cd5340@mars.njit.edu (David Charlap) (03/28/91)

Does anyone here realize that all your complaints about the Jargon
file is using more bandwidth than the file itself did?  If you don't
want to see it, put "/jargon/:j in your KILL file.  If you run a
site, then I say "tough luck".  When you accept a newsgroup (or any
outside connections) into your system, you should expect huge amounts
of data to be going through your site.  If you can't afford/handle it,
you should reconsider your having a newsfeed.  Or at least receiving
every group.

When you attach yorself to a Net, you should know that you're going
to pay for it.  Don't complain when the bills come due.

Just my $2e-02 worth.
--
David Charlap                   "Invention is the mother of necessity"
cd5340@mars.njit.edu            "Necessity is a mother"

tneff@bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar28.020345.4209@njitgw.njit.edu> cd5340@mars.njit.edu (David Charlap) writes:
>Does anyone here realize that all your complaints about the Jargon
>file is using more bandwidth than the file itself did?

No we don't, because it's FALSE!

In the past week, there have been 64k bytes of discussion about the
Jargon File, pro and con -- and 950k bytes (!) of Jargon file itself,
original and patches.

Next case.