[comp.misc] Wyse60 25 line Terminal emulator

bobi@natcell.com (Robert N. Iorizzo) (04/06/91)

Would anyone out there possibly know of a good DOS terminal emulation /
communication software that does Wyse60's in true 25 line mode ?
If anyone can offer suggestions please post it in comp.terminals or
e-mail me.

Thanks for the help !
--
Bob Iorizzo

e-mail: bobi@natcell.com

leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) (04/10/91)

bobi@natcell.com (Robert N. Iorizzo) writes:

>Would anyone out there possibly know of a good DOS terminal emulation /
>communication software that does Wyse60's in true 25 line mode ?
>If anyone can offer suggestions please post it in comp.terminals or
>e-mail me.

I think Term or TinyTerm from Century software in Salt Lake City will do that..
Hmmm. reading manual Yes wyse 60, and the rest. Works on networks too.
Speak to Greg Haerr at 801 268 3088. Not expensive either.

paulg@bhpmrl.oz.au (Paul Gallagher) (04/19/91)

leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) writes:

>bobi@natcell.com (Robert N. Iorizzo) writes:

>>Would anyone out there possibly know of a good DOS terminal emulation /
>>communication software that does Wyse60's in true 25 line mode ?
>>If anyone can offer suggestions please post it in comp.terminals or
>>e-mail me.

>I think Term or TinyTerm from Century software in Salt Lake City will do that..
>Hmmm. reading manual Yes wyse 60, and the rest. Works on networks too.
>Speak to Greg Haerr at 801 268 3088. Not expensive either.

When you say works on networks, do you mean on a comms server, or does
it can it use TCP/IP to login to hosts on a network (for example).
f the latter is the case - I _want_ this program.

If you can mail me an answer, I'd appreciate it since I'm not too
keen on getting up in the middle oif the night to talk to Greg Haerr!

     /\/\       Paul Gallagher, PC Support Officer,
    / / /\      Computer Systems Group,
   / / /  \     BHP Melbourne Research Laboratories
  / / / /\ \    245 Wellington Rd Mulgrave Vic 3170 AUSTRALIA
  \ \/ / / /    Phone : +61-3-560-7066,  Fax : +61-3-561-6709
   \  / / /     ACSnet  :  paulg@bhpmrl.OZ.AU
    \/\/\/

rob@lafayet.UUCP (Rob Freyder) (04/19/91)

paulg@bhpmrl.oz.au (Paul Gallagher) writes:

>leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) writes:

>>bobi@natcell.com (Robert N. Iorizzo) writes:

>>>Would anyone out there possibly know of a good DOS terminal emulation /
>>>communication software that does Wyse60's in true 25 line mode ?
>>>If anyone can offer suggestions please post it in comp.terminals or
>>>e-mail me.

Try ICE.TEN from James River.  I use it daily.  It works flawlessly.
They have a serial version and a TCP/IP version.
Site licenses available too.  Host print and file transfer.

I AM NOT CONNECTED WITH JAMES RIVER IN ANY WAY.

I am just a satisfied customer

James River Group	612-339-2521

Rob.
---
Rob Freyder                                  Core Laboratories a division of
____    ____     ____                        Western Atlas International Inc.
 \   \/   /  \ /   /  \                      Humans     (318) 235-9431
  \  /   / \  /   /\   \                     Internet   rob@lafayet.waii.com
   \/___/   \/___/  \___\                    Bang    ...!uunet!lafayet!rob
--
 ____    ____     ____                       Core Lab - Western Atlas Int'l INC
 \   \  /   /\   /    \     Rob              Humans     (318) 235-9431