[comp.misc] Timothy Leary

csh019@uk.ac.cov.cck (CR PULLAR) (05/11/91)

        Does anyone out there know of the address of  a  software company
        in the U.S. which Dr. Timothy Leary is involved with?  My reference
        comes from an Australian general science program broadcast on a
        network channel in this country late at night some months ago.  Leary
        and the company seemed to be designing and marketing educational
        software for use in self-exploration and psychotherapy.

        Any information will be gratefully recieved  especially addresses
        of any agents in the U.K.

*   Raymond Pullar  * "Quantum Mechanics.  Even I don't fully understand it."*
*   csh019          *                                      - Ian Sales       *

brian@king.csd.mot.com (05/14/91)

csh019@uk.ac.cov.cck (CR PULLAR) writes:

>        Does anyone out there know of the address of  a  software company
>        in the U.S. which Dr. Timothy Leary is involved with?  My reference
>        comes from an Australian general science program broadcast on a
>        network channel in this country late at night some months ago.  Leary
>        and the company seemed to be designing and marketing educational
>        software for use in self-exploration and psychotherapy.

>        Any information will be gratefully recieved  especially addresses
>        of any agents in the U.K.

I believe that the company is Mindware.  Their address is (or was as of last
year...) 1803 Mission Street Suite 414, Santa Cruz CA, USA 95060-5296.
I don't have any phone number except a US 800 number: 800-447-0477.

martelli@cadlab.sublink.ORG (Alex Martelli) (05/15/91)

csh019@uk.ac.cov.cck (CR PULLAR) writes:
:        Does anyone out there know of the address of  a  software company
:        in the U.S. which Dr. Timothy Leary is involved with?  My reference

Well, I have one program titled "Timothy Leary's Mind Mirror"; it runs on
IBM PCs; it is published by a firm called Electronic Arts, and their
address is given as 1820 Gateway Drive, San Mateo, CA 94404 (ISBN
1-55543-048-1, funny that, I thought only books had ISBN's...).  Not bad,
but unless you're really in love with computers, I believe better 'Mind
Mirrors' can be found in the *books* by Leary's friend, Robert Anton
Wilson, such as "Prometheus Rising", Falcon Press, ISBN 0-941404-19-6.

Both Leary's program, and Wilson's books, I bought at a shop in London
called "Forbidden Planet", which *used* to be in Denmark Street, but am
pretty sure has recently moved to New Oxford Street - surely anybody
with a London phonebook on hand can give exact details?  Ditto for the
Electronic Arts company, for anybody with a San Mateo phonebook...
--
Alex Martelli - CAD.LAB s.p.a., v. Stalingrado 53, Bologna, Italia
Email: (work:) martelli@cadlab.sublink.org, (home:) alex@am.sublink.org

haynes@felix.ucsc.edu (99700000) (05/16/91)

In article <3938@motcsd.csd.mot.com> brian@king.csd.mot.com writes:
>csh019@uk.ac.cov.cck (CR PULLAR) writes:
>

>>        Does anyone out there know of the address of  a  software company
>>        in the U.S. which Dr. Timothy Leary is involved with?  My reference
>
>I believe that the company is Mindware.  Their address is (or was as of last
>year...) 1803 Mission Street Suite 414, Santa Cruz CA, USA 95060-5296.
>I don't have any phone number except a US 800 number: 800-447-0477.

Current Santa Cruz phone book has 408-429-1677 and gives the name as
Mind Ware (2 words).

--
haynes@cats.ucsc.edu
haynes@ucsccats.bitnet

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an Art."
        Charles McCabe, San Francisco Chronicle