[comp.misc] COBOL beautifier?

ash@mlacus.oz (Ash Nallawalla) (05/23/91)

A friend has an old COBOL program in spaghetti code format that he wants
to beautify, i.e. understand.  He says that a program called COBFORMAT
existed some 12 years ago.  Does anyone know of a suitable solution,
preferably on a PC platform?

Ash Nallawalla		Tel: +61 3 550-1638 BH; Fax +61 3 742-4566 (Home)
ZL4LM/VK3CIT		Postal: P.O. Box 539, Werribee VIC 3030, Australia
ash@mlacus.oz.au, ash@csource.oz.au	Fidonet: 3:635/508

tar@math.ksu.edu (Tim Ramsey) (05/23/91)

ash@mlacus.oz (Ash Nallawalla) writes:

>A friend has an old COBOL program in spaghetti code format that he wants
>to beautify, i.e. understand.  He says that a program called COBFORMAT
>existed some 12 years ago.  Does anyone know of a suitable solution,
>preferably on a PC platform?

"del" comes to mind.  :-)

--
Tim Ramsey/system administrator/tar@math.ksu.edu/(913) 532-6750/2-7004 (FAX)
Department of Mathematics, Kansas State University, Manhattan KS  66506-2602

mitchell@MDI.COM (Bill Mitchell) (05/24/91)

Beautiful COBOL?  There's an oxymoron for you.

--
mitchell@mdi.com (Bill Mitchell)