[comp.misc] Soundblaster and Unix/Xenix?

toppin@melpar.UUCP (Doug Toppin) (05/29/91)

I found some old news regarding the Soundblaster card
that is used for sound generation and input and was
wondering if anyone has spent any time getting it to
work under Xenix/Unix.
A friend has one that he attempted to use by loading
the DOS driver under VP/ix and was unsuccessful.
Please post or drop me a line and I'll summarize responses.
thanks
Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin

alex@xbone.UUCP (Alexander Hasl) (05/30/91)

toppin@melpar.UUCP (Doug Toppin) writes:

>I found some old news regarding the Soundblaster card
>that is used for sound generation and input and was
>wondering if anyone has spent any time getting it to
>work under Xenix/Unix.
>A friend has one that he attempted to use by loading
>the DOS driver under VP/ix and was unsuccessful.
>Please post or drop me a line and I'll summarize responses.
>thanks
>Doug Toppin
>uunet!melpar!toppin

I have still a similar problem.
I would like to use my FAX-Card under VP/ix (ISC SVR 3.2). But it needs
a DMA-Chanel for using the FAX-functions.

Does anybody know how to tell VP/ix to use the DMA (1 or 3) ??

I think Doug Toppin has the same problem with the soundcard...

thanks
bye --
Domain: alex@xbone.uucp                                        |     _       _
Bang: ...unido!opal!tmpmbx!zelator!mubo!xbone!alex         \ / |__  | | |-, |_|
Alexander Hasl, D - 8900 Augsburg, Germany (Bavaria)       / \ |__| |_| | | |_