[sci.space.shuttle] NASA Select location

mike@ames.arpa (Mike Smithwick) (01/24/88)

In article <22684@cmcl2.NYU.EDU> kenner@cmcl2.NYU.EDU (Richard Kenner) writes:
>A new cable TV company is starting up in New York City in Queens and I want to
>ask if they plan to carry NASA Select.  I need to know where it is.
>
>A Space World managazine issue near the start of 1984 gives he following
>information:
>
>	RCA Satcom F-1-r at 139 West
Uh uh,             ^^^^^   it's on F-2-R, don't have the position, but
I'm sure that the cable company knows.

>	transponder 13 (half)
                        ^^^^ it's now a full-width signal. Very strong.

>But I recall reading somewhere that I cannot locate that there is a "new"
>transponder also being used for NASA Select.  Is this correct?

The TDRSS video is relayed from New Mexico on varying transponders also
on F-2.

					     *** mike ***
--
				   *** mike (powered by M&Ms) smithwick ***
"if peanut oil comes from peanuts, and olive oil comes from