[sci.space.shuttle] New Florida License Plates

skitchen@athena.mit.edu (Scott Kitchen) (03/16/88)

When did Florida make the change to the license plates with the
Challenger motif?  If anyone has more information about this, I'd
appreciate hearing about it...

|Scott Kitchen                               | skitchen@athena.mit.edu|
|Lord Webster Fontaine                       | Availability available |
|Patron Diviner of the Saintly Arts          | upon request...        |
|White-Magic On-Line Consultants Cooperative --------------------------
|Things to do when bored: 19) Mow the carpet.                         |

farouk@ihlpe.ATT.COM (452is-Ahmad) (03/16/88)

> When did Florida make the change to the license plates with the
> Challenger motif?  If anyone has more information about this, I'd
> appreciate hearing about it...

The Challanger tag has been available for approximately one year and a half,
it is not the normal Florida tag, and cost about $17.00 more per year to obtain
The proceeds from the sale of these tags goes to a trust fund, that benefits
the families of the Challanger astronauts, and provides scholarships to
future astronauts.

beres@cadnetix.COM (Tim Beres) (03/17/88)

In article <3788@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> skitchen@athena.mit.edu (Scott Kitchen) writes:
>When did Florida make the change to the license plates with the
>Challenger motif?  If anyone has more information about this, I'd
>appreciate hearing about it...

	Those plates are available for $38 as a substitute for the ugly
red sun and state outline ones normally used.  Proceeds to an Astronaut
Memorial Fund at KSC (Cape?).  The legislature passed the bill for the
plates quite quickly after the ...

	Until Nov 87 I lived in Orlando for 3 years.  Saw the last night
launch of the Atlantis.  Saw the aftermath in the sky.

		Tim

--
Tim Beres  Cadnetix             303/444-8075 x221
           5775 Flatirons Pkwy  {uunet,boulder,nbires}!cadnetix!beres

eli@haddock.ISC.COM (Elias Israel) (03/17/88)

In article <3788@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> skitchen@athena.mit.edu (Scott Kitchen) writes:
>When did Florida make the change to the license plates with the
>Challenger motif?  If anyone has more information about this, I'd
>appreciate hearing about it...

Story that I heard was that the Challenger license plates were introduced
after the accident. Motorists can get the plates for a small extra fee, a
portion of which goes to the Challenger families. If I lived in Fla., I'd
sure get one.

Elias Israel		   | "Justice, n. A commodity which in more or
Interactive Systems Corp.  | less adulterated condition the State sells
Boston, MA		   | to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance,
..!ima!haddock!eli	   | taxes, and personal service."