[sci.space.shuttle] The CAPE's the PLACE!!!!

calexand@castor.usc.edu (Craig Alexander) (10/03/88)

After seeing numerous launches on television, I must say that there
is nothing quite like seeing the shuttle go up in person.  The 1/2
hour of sleep, the three hour-5:00 A.M traffic jam at the Cape, the launch
delays, not to mention the dripping Florida heat were all
compensated by five minutes of ecstacy (WOW!!!!!!!!).  On a side note,
I saw some people I didn't quite expect including John Travolta and
the guy from Night Rider (David Hasselhoff??).  Its funny, nobody seemed to
pay much attention to them, Discovery stole the show (as it should be).

If you have the means, I highly recommend, you take the trip.

.....THE DREAM IS ALIVE ........ AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Craig Alexander

-

greg@proxftl.UUCP (Gregory N. Hullender) (10/04/88)

In article <1524@nunki.usc.edu> calexand@castor.usc.edu (Craig Alexander) writes:
>After seeing numerous launches on television, I must say that there
>is nothing quite like seeing the shuttle go up in person.
. . .
>If you have the means, I highly recommend, you take the trip.

Since I'm only 2-1/2 hours south of the cape and have relatives in Cocoa, I
often drive up to watch launches.  It's better if you can get a pass, but
it's never disappointing even if you can't.

But NOTHING compares to a night launch!  The sky turns blue, the clouds turn
pink, the sea turns gray -- it's incredible!
--
		Greg Hullender  uflorida!novavax!proxftl!greg
		3511 NE 22nd Ave / Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308

	    My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer.