[sci.space.shuttle] Am I imagining things?

dave@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (David Messer) (10/05/88)

In article <1988Oct3.031950.28415@utzoo.uucp> henry@utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
 >In thin atmosphere, in fact, the plume from even a single engine will
 >completely envelop the rocket.  I'm not sure this entirely accounts for
 >the recent reports, though, although it is pretty clear now that there
 >were no problems with the SRBs themselves.

I saw a replay of a earlier shuttle launch yesterday and saw
the same type of flames around the SRBs.  Apparently it is
normal.  It still would be nice to get an explaination from
NASA though.

On a totally different subject, I have a question:  Why do
they now say "on orbit" instead of "in orbit"?
--
If you can't convince |   David Messer - (dave@Lynx.MN.Org)
them, confuse them.   |   Lynx Data Systems
                      |   amdahl   --!bungia!viper!dave
                      |   hpda    /

Copyright 1988 David Messer -- All Rights Reserved
This work may be freely copied.  Any restrictions on
redistribution of this work are prohibited.