[sci.space.shuttle] STS-26 Wake Up Calls

klr@hadron.UUCP (Kurt L. Reisler) (10/03/88)

Who comes up with these wake up calls?  Is there some sort of channel by
which interested tax payers with creative imaginations can submit
suggestions for future wake up calls?

phil@titan.rice.edu (William LeFebvre) (10/05/88)

In article <782@hadron.UUCP> klr@hadron.UUCP (Kurt L. Reisler) writes:
>Who comes up with these wake up calls?  Is there some sort of channel by
>which interested tax payers with creative imaginations can submit
>suggestions for future wake up calls?

For the STS-26 wake ups, Kathy Sullivan did the co-ordinating.  That is,
she had the final say.  The lyrics themselves were written by a Houston
disc jockey and part-time NASA tour guide.  No one is quite sure how Ms.
Sullivan got Robin Williams to do the introductions.

The only idea I have for submitting suggestions would be the Public Affairs
office at JSC.  Or you might try writing a letter to Kathy Sullivan (I don't
know how you would address a letter to an astronaut, although I know they
get letters and read them).

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University