[sci.space.shuttle] stealth planes

pv04+@andrew.cmu.edu (Philip Verdieck) (11/18/88)

Stealth bomber: I myself could probably make a decent mockup, that
would scare the govt. I'd look back at all the flying wings ever made,
and design one that was more rounded, etc...

Stealth Fighter: I remember seeing an article a little while ago in
Popular Science, and they had a fairly good looking prototype sketched out.
Does anybody remember this? How accurate is/was it? etc?

k33231a@taltta.HUT.FI (Timo J. Salin) (11/24/88)

In article <IXUu4At68k-08WCqlk@andrew.cmu.edu> pv04+@andrew.cmu.edu (Philip Verdieck) writes:
<stealth bomber story deleted ...>
>Stealth Fighter: I remember seeing an article a little while ago in
>Popular Science, and they had a fairly good looking prototype sketched out.
>Does anybody remember this? How accurate is/was it? etc?

     If You are really interested in F-117A (the Stealth Fighter you are
talking about) You just might like the page 2 article in November 19 issue
of Flight International. It's a pity the USAF has retouched photo on that
page but it sure is better than nothing.
     There is also some talks about the B-2 which is to be "rolled out
publicly on November 22". Does anybody know any sources for photos or
reports - it's already November 23th ya know ... P-/

dtroup@carroll1.UUCP (Dave Troup) (12/02/88)

	For those of you who are interested in the F117, look in REC.AVIATION.
	There is quite a discussion going on there(for the last week or so)