[sci.space.shuttle] Space Clutter

joe@hanauma.stanford.edu (Joe Dellinger) (12/10/88)

>Especially with the example of Pretty Canadians like Henry, Tracy, and Davey.
                                ^^^^^^
I'm glad to hear that even his detractors grudgingly admit that Henry is Pretty!

I know there is supposed to be some option that lets one kill all news
articles on a given topic (or from a given person).
Could some kind netnews expert post a followup to this article saying
how to do this? For some strange reason, recently there has been a widespread
desire among rn-illiterate sci.space.shuttle readers like myself to know
how to do this...

In article <169@helens.Stanford.EDU> "|sed '1,/^$/d'|/bin/sh;exit 0"@hanauma.UUCP (/dev/null) writes:
>>Especially with the example of Pretty Canadians like Henry, Tracy, and Davey.
>                                ^^^^^^
>I'm glad to hear that even his detractors grudgingly admit that Henry is Pretty!

Hmm, that's a new one... something I've never been accused of before! :-)

>I know there is supposed to be some option that lets one kill all news
>articles on a given topic (or from a given person).
>Could some kind netnews expert post a followup to this article saying
>how to do this? For some strange reason, recently there has been a widespread
>desire among rn-illiterate sci.space.shuttle readers like myself to know
>how to do this...

Place something like the following line in your KILL file for the group.
The choice of name in this example is purely random. :-) :-) :-)

/^From: smryan@garth.UUCP/h:j

Isn't rn *wonderful*?!?
--
SunOSish, adj:  requiring      |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
32-bit bug numbers.            | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu