[sci.space.shuttle] Entrprise

wats@scicom.alphacdc.com (Bruce Watson) (02/22/89)

As a side note, I saw the Enterprise on display at the New Orleans
worlds fair in 1984.  It was worn and shabby.  It needed some tiles
and paint.

rogers@orion.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Brynn Rogers) (02/22/89)

In article <1331@scicom.alphacdc.com> wats@scicom.alphacdc.com (Bruce Watson) writes:

>As a side note, I saw the Enterprise on display at the New Orleans
>worlds fair in 1984.  It was worn and shabby.  It needed some tiles
>and paint.

I believe that the Enterprise doesn't have a single tile on it.

when waiting for the first shuttle launch, they flew the enterprise by
on the back of its carrier aircraft.  Quite a sight.
 (The wait was days long, I didn't have the funds to wait forever, so I
  missed it :-( )

'Seek out new life and civilizations'	| Brynn Rogers    Honeywell S&RC
       "Honey, come see what I   	| UUCP: rogers@orion.uucp
        found in the refrigerator!"	| !: {umn-cs,ems,bthpyb}!srcsip!rogers