[sci.space.shuttle] viewing the shuttle landings

annala@neuro.usc.edu (A J Annala) (03/24/89)

hi,

i'd like to take my kids to view one of the next shuttle landings at
edwards.  could someone send me a schedule of the next few landings;
instructions on any reservations that are needed; directions to the
site; and advice about what to take to the site (picnic?); and when
to arrive ... when/how to depart.

thanks, aj annala

phil@titan.rice.edu (William LeFebvre) (03/30/89)

In article <16053@oberon.USC.EDU> annala%neuro.usc.edu@oberon.usc.edu (A J Annala) writes:
>i'd like to take my kids to view one of the next shuttle landings at
>edwards.  could someone send me a schedule of the next few landings;

Better go see the next one.  The two during the summer are DoD, and I doubt
that they will let anyone in to see the landing.  A schedule would only be
good for approxamating:  the actual landing time is totally dependent in
the actual launch time (and on a nominal flight, of course).

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University
			<phil@Rice.edu>