[sci.space.shuttle] Parasite Fighters

rocchi@ziebmef.uucp (Paul Rocchi) (04/04/89)

In article <3014@eos.UUCP> steve@eos.UUCP (Steve Philipson) writes:
>In article <385@illusion.UUCP> marcus@illusion.UUCP (Marcus Hall) writes:
>
>>There was a project that used a B-36 to carry small fighters around (F-86's?)
>>and they did launch and recover them in flight.
>
>   One of the test fighters for this system is available for public
>viewing at the Planes of Fame Museum at Chino airport (east end of
>the Los Angeles basin).

For those at the other end of your country, there is also one as part of the
B-36 exhibit (under a real B-36!) at the USAF museum in Dayton, Ohio, as well
as the SR-71, a Valkyrie, and many other craft recently talked about in
this discussion.

I've been there twice, and never been failed to be amazed at the sheer amount
aircraft that are in the buildings of the museum.

--
Paul Rocchi			{uunet!mentor!lsuc,utgpu}!ncrcan!ziebmef!rocchi