[sci.space.shuttle] Henry's New Signature

leem@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (Lee Mellinger) (07/25/89)

:1961-1969: 8 years of Apollo.  |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
:1969-1989: 20 years of nothing.| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu

I presume that this means manned flight, if not, I would take some
exception to the implication.  From memory there was: Pioneer 10 & 11,
Mariner Mars 71,
Mariner-Venus-Mercury 73, Viking I & II, Helios I & II (with the FRG),
Voyager I & II, Pioneer Venus, IRAS (with the UK & the Netherlands),
and Magellan.

Lee

"I'm the NRA"

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin 1759

eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (07/25/89)

In article <5440@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV> leem@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (Lee Mellinger) writes:
>:1961-1969: 8 years of Apollo.  |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
>:1969-1989: 20 years of nothing.| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu
>
>I presume that this means manned flight,

I don't even think it's manned flight.  It discounts other trips
into other areas the moon by other humans.  But then Henry isn't
known for his tact.  What's this got to do with the shuttle?
Move it back to space.

Another gross generalization from

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@aurora.arc.nasa.gov
  resident cynic at the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
  "If my mail does not reach you, please accept my apology."
  {ncar,decwrl,hplabs,uunet}!ames!eugene
  				Live free or die.