[sci.space.shuttle] Timetable??

llittle@kean.mun.ca (08/15/89)

Is there a tentative time table available for future shuttle
launches, or is it more of a 'load and go' schedule? If it is
available, please tell me where, or mail it to me.

Lloyd Little
llittle@engr.mun.ca

CHEEHH@jane.uh.edu (Rikhit Arora) (08/15/89)

In article <11187@kean.mun.ca>, llittle@kean.mun.ca writes:
> Is there a tentative time table available for future shuttle
> launches, or is it more of a 'load and go' schedule? If it is
> available, please tell me where, or mail it to me.
>
> Lloyd Little
> llittle@engr.mun.ca

 The remaining shuttle launches for this year are as follows:

10/12/89  STS-34  Atlantis    Galileo
11/19/89  STS-33  Discovery   DoD
12/18/89  STS-32  Columbia    SYNCOM IV/LDEF Retrieval

If you want the NASA manifest for the next 5 years, I can e-mail you a copy
(its about 2 months old).
Rikhit Arora                         |  Dept. of Chemical Engineering
Bitnet: cheehh@uhupvm1               |  University of Houston
Internet: cheehh@jane.uh.edu         |  Houston, TX 77204-4792

bturner@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill Turner) (08/17/89)

> The remaining shuttle launches for this year are as follows:
>
>10/12/89  STS-34  Atlantis    Galileo
>11/19/89  STS-33  Discovery   DoD
>12/18/89  STS-32  Columbia    SYNCOM IV/LDEF Retrieval

Is STS-33 still a DoD mission?  I seem to remember CNN saying that the last
mission was DoD's last shuttle flight (when they were talking about DoD going
to expendable launchers).  Or did I miss-hear the report?

--Bill Turner (bturner@hp-pcd.hp.com)
HP Corvallis Information Systems

In article <101420007@hpcvlx.HP.COM> bturner@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill Turner) writes:
>Is STS-33 still a DoD mission?  I seem to remember CNN saying that the last
>mission was DoD's last shuttle flight (when they were talking about DoD going
>to expendable launchers).  Or did I miss-hear the report?

Unless there has been some dramatic development, you've mis-heard or the
CNN people were confused.  There are a number of DoD flights booked on
the shuttle, although they *are* moving towards using expendables for
most routine satellite launches.
--
V7 /bin/mail source: 554 lines.|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
1989 X.400 specs: 2200+ pages. | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu