[sci.space.shuttle] Shuttle Status for 09/18/89

yee@trident.arc.nasa.gov (Peter E. Yee) (09/19/89)

            KSC SPACE SHUTTLE PROCESSING REPORT - MONDAY, SEPT. 18, 1989

                       STS-34  -  ATLANTIS (OV 104) - PAD 39-B

               Servicing and testing of the cooling system for Galileo's
          radioisotope thermoelectric generators are underway today. That
          operation began yesterday and is scheduled to continue through
          tomorrow. Preparations are also underway to conduct checks of the
          aft reaction control system regulators. On Saturday, workers
          completed checks of the forward reaction control system
          regulators.

               Shuttle managers are keeping a close eye on Hurricane Hugo.
          Since there is a threat of adverse weather coming to the area,
          schedulers are reviewing rollback procedures and putting together
          a possible schedule should that action become necessary.

                     STS-33  -  DISCOVERY (OV 103)  -  OPF BAY 1

               Members of the STS-33 crew completed a crew equipment
          interface test this weekend to become familiar with Discovery's
          crew cabin and payload bay for the upcoming mission. Regulators
          for the main propulsion system are being installed, and
          electrical redundancy testing of the orbital maneuvering system
          and reaction control systems is scheduled this week. Orbiter
          systems testing and thermal protection system operations are
          continuing.

                       STS-32 - COLUMBIA (OV 102) - OPF BAY 2

               Last week, technicians removed the body flap for post-flight
          inspections and have sent the four actuators to the vendor for
          analysis. Operations scheduled this week include functional
          checks of the waste containment system, leak and functional tests
          of the main propulsion system and thermal protection system
          operations. Preparations are underway to install the remote
          manipulator system in a few weeks.

                         STS-33 SOLID ROCKET BOOSTERS - VAB

               The right forward assembly/nose cone is being prepared for
          stacking this week.  Technicians are closing out the joints on
          the right and left boosters for flight. The external tank is
          scheduled to be mated on Sept. 23.

                         STS-32 SOLID ROCKET BOOSTERS - VAB

               Stacking began on Saturday with the left aft booster on
          mobile launcher platform 3 in the Vehicle Assembly Building. This
          launch marks the first time a shuttle will be launched from MLP-
          3. The left aft center segment is scheduled to be transferred to
          the VAB today in preparation for stacking this week.

tneff@bfmny0.UU.NET (Tom Neff) (09/19/89)

In article <32103@ames.arc.nasa.gov> yee@trident.arc.nasa.gov (Peter E. Yee) writes:
> Shuttle managers are keeping a close eye on Hurricane Hugo.
> Since there is a threat of adverse weather coming to the area,
> schedulers are reviewing rollback procedures and putting together
> a possible schedule should that action become necessary.

"The NUMBERS, Dr. Keith, if you'll just look at the numbers..."

	-- apologies ("Just get me in the ballpark!") to all...

--
'We have luck only with women --    \\\     Tom Neff
          not spacecraft!'         *-((O    tneff@bfmny0.UU.NET