[sci.space.shuttle] Open the pod bay doors, please...

kcarroll@utzoo.uucp (Kieran A. Carroll) (12/09/89)

ken@argus.UUCP (Kenneth Ng) writes:

> In article <32253@cci632.UUCP>, lmm@cci632.UUCP (Lance Michel) writes:
> :        4.   This question I just have to ask:  Henry S. (In Toronto), how
> :             do you know all this stuff? Where do you get these resources?
> :             And don't say the library because I looked there,  they dont have
> :             anything even close to explaining how the shuttle is bolted down
> :             until ignition.
>
> How many people think Henry S is really an MIT AI program that ran
> amuck and got a tap into the NSA database? :-)

And, isn't it interesting that the dimunitive form of the name Henry
is...Hal!

No wonder Henry keeps advising me to relax and take a stress pill...
--

     Kieran A. Carroll @ U of Toronto Aerospace Institute
     uunet!attcan!utzoo!kcarroll kcarroll@zoo.toronto.edu

IA80024@MAINE.BITNET (Nicholas C. Hester) (12/10/89)

In article <1989Dec8.161942.2826@utzoo.uucp>, kcarroll@utzoo.uucp (Kieran A. Carroll) says:

>> In article <32253@cci632.UUCP>, lmm@cci632.UUCP (Lance Michel) writes:
>> :        4.   This question I just have to ask:  Henry S. (In Toronto), how
>> :             do you know all this stuff? Where do you get these resources?
>> :             And don't say the library because I looked there,  they dont have
>> :             anything even close to explaining how the shuttle is bolted down
>> :             until ignition.
>>
>> How many people think Henry S is really an MIT AI program that ran
>> amuck and got a tap into the NSA database? :-)
>
>And, isn't it interesting that the dimunitive form of the name Henry
>is...Hal!

And I always thought it was Hank.  Hmmm, Hank9000?  Naaaawww...
Just doesn't have the same ring to it. :)

 Nicholas C. Hester
ia80024@Maine.Bitnet
ia80024@Maine.Maine.edu

gwh@bigbang.Berkeley.EDU (George William Herbert) (12/11/89)

In article <1989Dec8.161942.2826@utzoo.uucp> kcarroll@utzoo.uucp (Kieran A. Carroll) writes:
>ken@argus.UUCP (Kenneth Ng) writes:
>> In article <32253@cci632.UUCP>, lmm@cci632.UUCP (Lance Michel) writes:
>> :        4.   This question I just have to ask:  Henry S. (In Toronto), how
>> :             do you know all this stuff? Where do you get these resources?
>> :           And don't say the library because I looked there,  they dont have
>> :           anything even close to explaining how the shuttle is bolted down
>> :             until ignition.
>>
>> How many people think Henry S is really an MIT AI program that ran
>> amuck and got a tap into the NSA database? :-)
>
>And, isn't it interesting that the dimunitive form of the name Henry
>is...Hal!
>
>No wonder Henry keeps advising me to relax and take a stress pill...
>--
Gee, if this is true, then the current News software was written by an AI
and humans are now Really unnecessary :)

But seriously, i keep wondering if the flamers that pop up in other groups all
too often are really ai programs in the artificial stupidity stage of
development :)

-george
[sorry to be off subject]