[sci.space.shuttle] Environmentalists

carpent@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Todd Carpenter) (10/05/90)

I don't suppose NASA has contingency plans to spray the environmentalists with
a combination of liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen should they illegally break
into Kennedy and interfere with Discovery?

While you are at it, get the press who encouraged the whole thing for the sake
of news.

(Don't laugh - there is precidence.  Recently some protestors broke onto a
National Guard airbase up here in Minnesota.  The guard shot them with water
cannons.  Liquid gas can't be *that* much colder than Minnesota river water in
deep winter...  And it is basically water that you'd be spraying...)

:) :)

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (10/08/90)

In artcl <95239@srcsip.UUCP> carpent@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Todd Carpenter) writes:
>I don't suppose NASA has contingency plans to spray the environmentalists with
>a combination of liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen should they illegally break
>(Don't laugh - there is precidence.  Recently some protestors broke onto a
>National Guard airbase up here in Minnesota.  The guard shot them with water
>cannons.  Liquid gas can't be *that* much colder than Minnesota river water in
>deep winter...  And it is basically water that you'd be spraying...)
>
>:) :)

Hey, I can see it now...

"Hey Bill, here come some of those pesky 'Save the Earth' people, let's blast 'm

"Excuse me, gentlemen, Harry Sandburn for the NY Times.  I was wondering if
 you could explain to me what exactly you are using to propel these protesters
 away -- and why they're turning blue."

 "Bill, my God, we haven't combined these elements yet....  Gosh, Harry, I was
  wondering....  I mean, maybe you could just carry this here portable GAS
  FURNACE over to those poor souls, and we'll just make that stuff turn into
  harmless ole water.  Whattdya say?"

Please see disclaimer....  And now back to more intelligent, well-thought
arguments.

David Navas                                   navas@sim.berkeley.edu
"Excuse my ignorance, but I've been run over by my train of thought."  -me