[sci.space.shuttle] Visit to Houston Space Centre...?clo

Arora@uh.edu (11/30/90)

In article <524@newave.UUCP>, john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) writes:

> 6. Mission Control - Tickets required, get them at the info desk in the
> visitors center.  You get to sit in the observation area and look at the
> mission control room for 10 minutes.  Because of the thick glass, it is
> nearly impossible to get any type of photos.

It's not that hard getting good photographs at Mission Control.  For
starters, use a 35 mm SLR camera and not a toy.  Then go all the way
to the front and put the lens right up against the glass.  On my last
visit, I used Gold-100 film and got great shots with a 28 mm lens
(f/2.8, 1/30 s) and 50 mm lens (f/1.4, 1/60 s) without using a flash.
They tell you that you can use a flash but I found that, even by
putting the lens against the glass, the reflection from the *second*
layer of glass got me.  Also, the room is large enough to be out of
the control range of most flashes anyway.
                .............                    |       Rikhit Arora
 And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod  |    cheehh@uhupvm1.bitnet
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,	 |       Arora@uh.edu
  Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.  |    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~