[sci.space.shuttle] Satellite Tracking Program for Mac

mmachlis@athena.mit.edu (Matthew A Machlis) (12/03/90)

Sorry to take up space here with this, but...
can anyone tell me where on the net I can get a hold of MacSat, or any
other satellite tracking program for the Mac?  I remember seeing a
posting of it being anonymously-ftp'able somewhere a month or 2 ago,
but I don't remember where it was.
Thanks.

P.S.  If anyone is interested, I, being a humble sole without access to any
advanced communications equipment (i.e. scanner), have been making use of
NASA's "dial-a-shuttle" line for the last couple of launches.  For those who
don't know, it becomes active around an hour before launch and I think remains
so until landing, and basically lets you listen in on the shuttle
communications.  The number is:
1-900-909-NASA
I'm fairly sure it's $2 first min/0.45 per min after.  You can run up quite a
bill with it, true.

Matt Machlis
MIT Space Systems Laboratory
(617)253-2272

winter@Apple.COM (Patty Winter) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec3.001521.16626@athena.mit.edu> mmachlis@athena.mit.edu (Matthew A Machlis) writes:
>can anyone tell me where on the net I can get a hold of MacSat, or any
>other satellite tracking program for the Mac?  I remember seeing a
>posting of it being anonymously-ftp'able somewhere a month or 2 ago,
>but I don't remember where it was.

If you can't find an FTP'able source, here are some others. Please note
that I got the following information from brochures and magazine articles;
I make no claims whatsoever about any of the programs listed! And in
case it isn't obvious, neither does Apple Computer!

Patty

QuikMac
AMSAT, PO Box 27, Washington, DC 20044. $40 for AMSAT
members; $50 for non-members. Requires Microsoft BASIC.

Satellite Orbit Prediction Program
Macintosh conversion of W3IWI program.
Earl Skelton, N3ES, 6311 29th Place NW, Washington, DC 20015.
Send formatted 800K Macintosh disk with stamped, self-addressed
return disk mailer; or send SASE for source listing. Requires
Microsoft BASIC.

MacSat
BEK Developers, 1732 74th Circle NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33702.
$10.00

Satellite Helper
MacTrak Software, PO Box 1590, Port Orchard, WA 98366. $59.95

Satellite Pro
MacTrak Software, PO Box 1590, Port Orchard, WA 98366. $99.95

"Amateur Radio Software for Macintosh"
Extensive catalog including logging, Morse code, Novice, gray-line,
satellite tracking, contesting, packet, and CW programs.
     ZCo Corporation, PO Box 3720, Nashua, NH 03061.

Amateur Radio #1
Contains satellite tracking, Morse code practice, Ohm's law calculator,
and pad design programs.
     Kinetic Designs, PO Box 1646, Orange Park, FL 32067. $4.00

MacScience BBS
Various ham-related applications, including antenna design,
propagation, WEFAX, packet, and Morse code. (408) 866-4933.

Digikron Systems BBS
Various ham-related applications, including logging, propagation,
Morse code, and packet. (408) 253-1309.

WB3FFV BBS
Various ham-related software, including packet, contesting, and Morse
code applications. (301) 625-0817, 625-9482, and 625-9663.

N8EMR BBS
Various ham-related files, including packet, Morse code, DXing, and
contesting software; AMSAT bulletins; and several ham newsletters.
(614) 895-2553. Also available on AMPR.NET at 44.70.0.1.

--end--
Patty Winter N6BIS                        INTERNET: winter@apple.com
AMPR.ORG: [44.4.0.44]                     UUCP: {decwrl,nsc,sun}!apple!winter