[sci.space.shuttle] Mission Control

xvm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Joe Lucas) (12/04/90)

I apologized if this has been bounced around before, but is
the image, generated at Mission control, that shows the shuttle
and its position relative to the world computer generated or is
some kind of projection?  We have seen it on Space Select and
were curious.

Thanks in advance

Another message from Joseph Lucas
xvm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

brody@eos.arc.nasa.gov (Adam R. Brody) (12/04/90)

xvm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Joe Lucas) writes:

>I apologized if this has been bounced around before, but is
>the image, generated at Mission control, that shows the shuttle
>and its position relative to the world computer generated or is
>some kind of projection?  We have seen it on Space Select and
>were curious.

>Thanks in advance

>Another message from Joseph Lucas
>xvm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

The image of the shuttle is a slide projection of its calculated location.
They are currently redoing the computers to provide for real-time computer
graphics.