[sci.space.shuttle] Shuttle and Hubble

doug@herbert.uucp (Doug Phillipson ) (11/28/90)

   Recently on CNN Headline News I thought I saw a real
picture of the Shuttle and the Hubble in one picture.  The
picture appeared to be taken from a vantage point somewhat
away from both the Shuttle and Hubble but they were clearly
close together (a few tens of meters).  The picture was not
taken from the Shuttles remote arm because it was in the
picture.  Can any one explain this.  I didn't think there was
any EVA on this mission.

Douglas Phillipson

nick@pro-canaveral.cts.com (Nick Thomas) (12/05/90)

Regarding your message of 27 Nov, regarding the photo of the Shuttle and
Hubble on CNN. There was no EVA on STS-31. Kathy Sullivan and Bruce McCandless
were in the airlock, but EVA was not performed. Perhaps what was shown was a
composite photo of the Hubble after release, along with a previous picture of
the orbiter from another mission.

Your further comments on the subject can be sent to me at
nick@pro-canaveral.cts.com.

Nick Thomas

ProLine:  nick@pro-canaveral
Internet: nick@pro-canaveral.cts.com